EMPLOYEE ID BADGES ARE A MUST! ALWAYS CHECK AND REQUEST TO SEE ID IF NOT PRESENTED. KEEP YOUR PROPERTY AND YOURSELF SAFE!
We cannot emphasise enough the importance of correct ID for employees particularly those which attend domestic properties as part of their daily work. Here at Interspace Building Services Ltd/InterPlumbing & Bathrooms we pride ourselves in the knowledge that all our staff have branded photographic ID with them at all times, including full name and business address, to ensure you are able to see proof of who they are and where they come from. We take your safety and peace of mind seriously, as should all conscientious trade providers, and encourage all customers to request to see ID before letting anybody on to your property. Whether that’s to complete quotation visits, complete services, meter readings or undertake any building works.
With the increasing number of horror stories in the home improvements and construction industry and the growing number of cowboy or fraudulent tradespersons attending properties not correctly qualified or insured it is imperative that you complete a number of basic steps in order to avoid being a victim of poor, unguaranteed work on your home. Take a look at the following simple points:-
• Always check ID before allowing anybody on to your property for any reason.
• Check contact details and ideally choose a tradesperson who has a business landline number not just a mobile phone number.
• Do ask to see evidence of qualifications and training, for example, anyone taking on a job involving gas is registered with Gas Safe.
• Ensure you are provided with a written quote and have agreed to terms before the commencement of works.
• Look for accreditations with trade associations and check that insurance covers that will protect you the customer are in place.
• Never sign up a person who knocks on your door and points out a small problem. Reputable tradesmen will not cold call.
• If a quote seems too good to be true it usually is. Check all works needed are covered within your quotation.
If tradespeople are reluctant to produce evidence of qualifications or insurance documents look a little further into your quotation details. An extra five minutes investigation at the first stages of starting a new project could save you, not only money, but also the heartache of your home, that you have worked so hard for, ruined!
A reputable company will always be able to provide the information requested and will be happy to discuss any works with you in an open and professional manner.